Check out this article first seen on windows101tricks.com
Feature Update to Windows 10 Version 1903 failed to install !!! 2019
Microsoft has started the Rollout process of Windows 10 1903 to the general public with a number of new feature& security improvements. And it will be Automatically available to all genuine Windows users via windows update. Or you can get downloaded by manually checking for updates from settings -> update & security -> windows update -> check for updates. The overall Upgrade process is easier But for some users Feature update to Windows 10 version 1903 failed to install for Unknown Reasons. For others Windows 10 version 1903 stuck hours or display message Windows 10 1903 update failed – error 0x8007000e.
Most of the time’s windows update fails to install due to corrupt Windows Update cache, or system incompatibility. Well, Some outdated driver software, incompatibility of an application installed on your computer or third-party software conflicts also cause Windows update fails to install. Whatever the reason here apply solutions fix Windows 10 May 2019 update problems.
Post Contents :- [show]
Windows 10 1903 Update failed to install
The first thing you have to do check Windows 10 1903 minimum system requirement.
- Processor: 1GHz or faster CPU or System on a Chip (SoC)
- Memory: 1GB for 32-bit or 2GB for 64-bit
- Hard drive space: 32GB for 64-bit or 32-bit
- Graphics: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Display: 800×600
Here note: Windows 10 May 2019 update recommend 32GB free space.
- If windows update stuck downloading hours, here make sure you have working internet connection to download update files from Microsoft server.
- Well check Date & time and Region & Language settings are correct,
- Temporarily Uninstall Antivirus and Disconnect VPN if configured on your PC,
- Also, perform a clean boot and check for updates, Which may fix the problem if any third party application, service causing the windows update stuck.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
This is the very fast solution you must try to automatically fix Windows update problems. Running Windows update troubleshooter detect the problems prevent windows update to install and try to fix them itself.
- Press Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app,
- Go to Update & Security then click on Troubleshoot.
- Here select windows update and Run The Troubleshooter
- The troubleshooter will run and attempt to identify if any problems exist which prevent your computer from downloading and installing Windows Updates.
- Restart Windows after complete the diagnose process,
- Now again open Windows update & security from the settings app,
- Check for updates and hit download button if Windows 10 version 1903 available for you.
- Otherwise, you can follow steps from here to manually upgrade Windows 10May 2019 update.
Clear Previous Windows update cache
Windows 10 download and temporarily store all window update files on the software distribution folder. If due to any reason any file gets corrupted on software distribution folder you may face update download and install stuck at any point or windows update fail to install with a different error code.
Clearing the folder where all of the update files are stored will force Windows Update to download afresh update files from the Microsoft server. Which fix most of the windows update related problems. Here follow steps below to clear and reset windows update cache.
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok to open services console,
- Here scroll down and look for Windows update service,
- Right click on windows update service select stop,
- Also, Stop the BITS and superfetch service by right click and stop
- Now press Windows + E to open File Explorer,
- Go to
- Here delete everything within the folder but do not delete the folder itself.
- To do so, press CTRL + A to select everything and then press Delete to remove the files.
- Now Restart the services ( windows update, BITs, Superfetch ) which you previously stopped.
- Restart Computer to take effect the changes,
- Now again check for updates from settings and update & security
Hope this time your system successfully upgrade to windows 10 version 1903 without any stuck or update installation error.
Update Drivers before Windows 10 1903
Also, Make Sure All Installed Device Drivers Are Updated and compatible with the current windows version. Especially Display Driver, Network Adapter, and Audio Sound Driver. You Can Check and update Them From Device manager.
Run Third party system optimizer like Ccleaner to remove junk, cache, system error, memory dump files etc and fix broken missing registry errors.
Note: If you are getting Blue screen error while upgrade to windows 10 version 1903.
First, disable Antivirus application if installed,
Run SFC utility and DISM command also update Display driver and network adapter driver before Check for latest updates or install windows 10 May 2019 update. check out Windows 10 BSOD Error ultimate guide.
Also, you can use official media creation tool to upgrade windows 10 May 2019 update without any error or problem.